||Setsco provides a wide range of metallurgical testing services on metals and alloys to meet industrial needs.
Our clients are from the aerospace, petrochemical, marine, manufacturing, fabrication and construction industries.
Setsco's metallurgists are experienced in establishing component/equipment failure due to various causes such as fatigue, tensile overloading, wear, elevated temperature exposure, corrosion and manufacturing defects. Our failure analysis results have been used by clients to prevent further occurrence of such failures.
Range of Metallurgical Services
· Failure investigation on components and equipment.
· Materials evaluation by metallurgical examination.
· Coating thickness, grain size and ferrite measurements.
· In-situ metallography on components or equipment on site or in
· Corrosion investigation, corrosion prevention advisory services
and material selection.
Failure identification in a stainless steel heat exchanger showing stress corrosion cracking
|Failure analysis has been
carried out for the following equipment and components:
· Boilers, heat exchangers
and pressure vessels.
· Superheaters and reheaters.
· Piping and piping systems.
· Structural parts and fittings.
· Vehicles, rail trucks and
· Tools and dies.
· Crane members.
· Other miscellaneous failures.
Failure identification in a monel cap
screw bolt showing intergranular corrosion